Frequently Asked Questions
What's the most popular style?
At the moment, 1 and 2 button single breasted suits are our most popular style. This is usually accompanied by a vibrant contrasting lining (such as red or green) that reflects the customer’s individuality.
What does Relaxed, Slim and Super-Slim Fit mean?
These are simply descriptions of how close-fitting your suit will be. If you are fond of a little comfort in your suit, then the relaxed fit is for you; alternatively, the slim fit provides a neat tapered look to the jacket. In general, the relaxed or slim fit is what most people are used to. Super-slim fit, however, can take some getting used to, but is extremely flattering on some body-shapes.
Can you offer advice on the best suit for me?
When you come in for a fitting, we are happy to give you style advice on what will work best for you, in fact it is part of the measuring process. Some styles suit some shapes better than others, and if you need advice we are happy to offer it. Our only concern is that you have a suit that flatters you.
Can I give you my own materials?
Of course! In our experience, there are always some tastes that can’t be satisfied with our range of cloths. You can provide us with your own material when you place an order with us.
Do I need to book an appointment to place an order in your shop in Hong Kong?
No, it is not necessary to book an appointment to place an order in our shop. Just walk into our shop and our sales persons will assist you accordingly.
What are my styling options?
You don’t have to settle for the one or two gray pinstripe suits you would find on the rack in a department store. We offer you gray pinstripes in a variety of fabrics, shades, weights, textures, etc.; dozens of styling options – vest or no vest; center or side vent; slash pockets, flap pockets, straight pockets or no pockets, one-two-three, or four-buttons. Plus an almost infinite range of detailing options
Can you deliver anywhere in the world?
We ship via many courier providers and can ship your order to you, wherever you may be.
How much do your suits costs?
Our custom shirts range in price from US$50 to US$500, depending on the material. Suits range from US $350 to US$5,000, also depending on the material. We have over 20,000 fabrics and there is an understandable variation in quality and price thereof.
How do I get a Suit or Shirt made?
Getting a Bespoke suit from Hong Kong has never been this easy. The process is simple and efficient.
1. Book an appointment with us here.
2. When you come for the appointment, our tailors will discuss your requirements and show you fabric swatches which we carry with us. We have over 20,000 fabric swatches with us. But don’t worry; we will help you pick the best fabric as per your requirements.
3. Once we know the fabric, we will discuss the style of the garment. How many buttons on the Jacket? Pleated trousers or flat fronts? Collar style of the shirt? All these questions and more will be discussed in the meeting. We will give you our opinion as well so you can make an informed decision.
4. Detailed measurements will be taken at this time. We take over 25 measurements for better fit and take digital photographs of the customer. These photographs are used to determine the body posture, shoulder shape and any other details. These photographs are put up on the tailors desk while the suit is being made to determine the shape and cut of the Suit as per the customer’s body.
5. The order is emailed back to Hong Kong where the fabric is cut right away and handed over to the tailor for further processing. Once the garments are finished and quality checked, they are shipped back to the customer. It usually takes 4-6 weeks’ time to ship. In case of ordering in Hong Kong, the next fitting is usually the following day.
6. The garments can either made to finish or in a ‘Basted’ form depending on the customer’s preference. For basted suits, another appointment needs to be made for a fitting. The garment is then sent back to Hong Kong for completion and mailed back to customer within 2-3 weeks’ time. For a finished suit, the customer can come back if any alterations are required or if one needs a second opinion. All fittings and alterations are free of cost.
How can I pay for my order?
We accept all major credit cards, cash and cheque
Can I choose my own lining?
Yes, we offer a wide range of plain and fancy linings for you to choose from
Can you duplicate the style and fit of a favorite garment in my wardrobe?
Yes! Just send us the garment or a detailed picture of the item you want with your order
I have just placed an order with you. When will I receive my garments?
Orders taken from overseas and online take approximately 4-6 weeks. However we do offer express delivery of about 2 weeks at an extra cost. Orders placed in our store in Hong Kong take 1-2 days.
I have just received my garments. What should I do next?
Once you have received your garments, kindly have them steam pressed by your local dry cleaners to remove the creases. Try on the garments once crease free. The suits and shirts normally fit fine the first time, but may require alterations. Having fittings are a part and parcel of getting a bespoke suit or shirt made. Please book an appointment to come and see us for alterations if you require them. We usually send only 1 suit and 1 shirt for fitting even if you have ordered more. If the garments fit fine the first time, you will need to let us know as your remaining garments will need to be finished and mailed to you. All alterations are done free of charge
I have ordered several suits/shirts, but have only received one. Where are my other suits?
When you order more than 1 suit/shirt, we send out one first as a trial/fitting. When you receive your first suit/shirt, you should inform us of the fit so that we can make proceed in making your remaining order.
How can I prolong the life of my suit?
All of our bespoke suits are made from the finest British and Italian fabrics and so you will find that they last considerably longer. The following suggestions will help you to get the most out of your bespoke suit:
1. The simple solution to increasing the life of your suit is to rotate a number of suits, wearing them less.
2. You will find that your trousers are subject to far more everyday wear and tear than your jacket. Purchasing an extra pair of trousers could potentially double the life of your bespoke suit. There is no reason that the two pairs of trousers should be exactly the same style either, enabling you to vary the style of your full suit.
3. Make sure you take your suit to a specialist dry cleaners.
4. Look after your suits when you are wearing them; try not to carry bulky items in your pockets as they will alter the structure of the fabric.
5. Try to avoid wearing your jacket when travelling, and always hang your suit up wherever possible.
Do you keep a record of our measurements?
Yes, once our professional tailors measure you we will have your record on file for ten years. Thus reordering suits is much easier in the future.
How do I order some more garments?
If you have ordered from us before, you do not need to come and get measured again unless you feel your measurements have altered. We store your measurements on file, so you can either come and see us to pick out your fabric and style or buy garments right here on our website.
I have received the suit and it’s not as per my expectations. Will you alter it?
A bespoke suit requires a lot of time and effort from the tailor. Since it is a handmade garment, there is a possibility that it may require some alterations to make it better. We provide these alterations for free. If for any reason the garment cannot be altered, we will happily remake the garment from scratch. Just come and see us and we will make sure you get the best quality garments.